Monday, May 02, 2005

Ok, for a Monday

I put some of the homegrown sage to use on a pork roast tonight, making a paste out of about a dozen leaves, three cloves of garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. I rubbed this over the roast, a shoulder blade boston something or other, and roasted it over some potatoes. There's an exact recipe, which I more or less stuck to, in Bittman's How To Cook Everything. Not to be crude, but it was nothing less than fuckin' awesome. Really, it was. The better part of it is still in the fridge. I got impatient and hungry while it was still in the oven, so I wound up eating my leftover sancocho de cola (ox-tail soup) from Mi Tierra. A good dinner any way you slice it.

I finally found a copy of The Alice B. Toklas Cookbook at Selby Library today. So far, it's proven a lot of fun, the recipes being both cute and very eloquent. I'll be sure to post about anything I cook from there.

For those of you in the Sarasota area, you should go have a look at the May issue of Sarasota Magazine. You'll see my article about eating on the cheap.

I know I've stretched the definition of 'weekly' with this cheese thing, but I promise, there's a cheese waiting in the wings (read: my fridge/my camera) to be posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home