Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Brunch

Really, I don't think Easter had too much to do with it, but still, it was Easter, and so we brunched. The noon meal included a potato, leek, and pea fritatta, fresh canary melon and papaya with lime, grilled slices of ham, and rosemary potatoes. Others brought crepes, homemade chocolate truffles, fresh bread with cashew butter, orange juice, and Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.

Lastly, there were bloody marys. This might have been my reason for brunching in the first place, but I'm not saying for sure. At any rate, I'd never mixed one before, but I was pretty happy with the way they came out. The recipe was, I believe, pretty standard: tomato juice, vodka (Absolut), celery salt, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and hot sauce (I used sri racha, a Vietnamese chili sauce--the one with the rooster). As a garnish I used bamboo skewers with large chunks of yellow and orange bell pepper, celery, and cucumber. I like the idea that there's a lot of possible variations. I'll have to include some more stuff next time. Maybe some shrimp or some pickled items. I don't know that I'm ready for the beefamato or raw oysters yet, but we'll see.

As a side note, this was one of those occasions where I was too interested in food to take any decent pictures. My apologies.

10 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger cutelittledrunkard said...

Hi Nick,
I'm sad that I missed the brunch, it would have been delightful! I wanted to invite you to the beer blog, but I don't know your email address. You can email me if you want an invite: Falon.Falon@gmail.com
~Falon

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Barbara (Biscuit Girl) said...

Don't worry about the pictures......I can relate. It sounded like fun though.

We have a place in DC we go to sometimes that has a Bloddy Mary/Mimosa brunch. The Bloody Mary's are fix your own but the mimosa's are mixed at the bar. I've had many a good mimosa there. At least that's what I've been told, after all those mimosas's who remembers anything :)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Suebob said...

Sounds like a wonderful meal.

I too love sriracha chili sauce - at $1.69 for a huge bottle, one may be a lifetime supply for me!

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about gourmet food

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Robert Parr said...

Hello, just viewed your site. I think it is really nice and interesting. If you're interested you can view my lose weight. Its a tlose weight site. Have a good day!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Windows registry scanner - scans your Windows registry for errors and suggests solutions.

Paid surveys - Work at home, Get Paid For Your Opinion, paid surveys and online focus groups.

Combine AdWords and ClickBank for Huge Online Profits Words Great With Blogs

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Robert Parr said...

Hello, just viewed your site. I think it is really nice and interesting. If you're interested you can view my get rid of cellulite. Its a tget rid of cellulite site. Have a good day!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Robert Parr said...

Hello, just viewed your site. I think it is really nice and interesting. If you're interested you can view my low carb plan. Its a tlow carb plan site. Have a good day!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Robert Parr said...

Hello, just viewed your site. I think it is really nice and interesting. If you're interested you can view my diet. Its a tdiet site. Have a good day!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Preschool E.C.E said...

Wanted to say -I enjoyed your Blog! I found you had alot of interesting comments here and information regarding fun kid activities
I have a website **Preschool Learning Online.com** Hopefully If you get a minute or 2 you will pop by and Check It Out! There is alot of great Free Information for Parents and Kids related to fun kid activities and similar bits of information.

Thanks,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home