Monday, March 14, 2005

Pizzelles

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Captured on film for the first time--by me at least. I've made a few batches of pizzelles with my Prego pizzelle baker but never managed to take pictures. Pizzelles are essentially crisp, waffle-like Italian cookies. Mine are flavored with anise seeds and vanilla, which, as far as I know is the traditional flavoring. I'm pretty sure that anise was the dominant flavor in the boxes of pizzelles that would arrive every Christmas from my Italian family in Pennsylvania. While they're just fine on there own, pizzelles are even better spread with some jam--Renee's nectarine preserves, for instance--or sandwiched with some nutella. Sadly, we were in short supply of both this time. Tisk, tisk.

5 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger head of the table said...

you can get some of my nectarine preserves, it would be under the sink or in the "pantry." and could you leave some pizelles on the counter so that i can have a snack when mary drops me off from the airport thursday night?

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my Italian friend in Florida would send me some pizzeles to 196 Hopkins St.
Brooklyn, NY 11206

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not anonymous actually...

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Deepfry said...

oh, this looks divine! and ever-so-pretty. i just got a crepe pan and it's so satisfying to whip up a nutella crepe on the fly.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick ive been making pizzelles for years I would like very much to know when your Italian relatives from Pa sent them to you how were they sent need to know would like to send some through the mail and also how come my pizzelles have been coming out to soft I do cover each layer with wax paper after I shake powered sugar on them . never had this problem before this much, most of them to soft?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home