Sunday, January 30, 2005

Spicy tofu



I don't really have a name for this recipe. It sort of tastes like a "general tso's" style sauce, but I'm hesitant to lay that label on it. The sauce is essentially onions, ginger, and pineapple sauted in butter, tossed with fresh tomatoes and then a healthy dose of Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce. The tofu was deep fried in vegetable oil--resulting in a much crispier, uniformly fried tofu than I usually turn out. The crust held up after being tossed with the chili sauce, which is what I was going for. Very good. I've yet to make this dish with any sort of meat. Originally it was taught to me with sweet breads, although I think it would be quite good on some fried chicken wings. We've got plenty of mae ploy, so we'll see.

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger megwoo said...

That sounds so good! Do you have a recipe with measurements? I LOVE Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce, it's one of the best condiments ever invented. Besides ketchup, of course.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

**SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA**

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Celia said...

This article is fantastic; the information you show us is very interesting and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home