Sunday, January 09, 2005

Strawberries

Yesterday we went to Hydro-Taste Farms in Myakka City. As the name implies, Hydro-Taste is a hydroponic farm, specializing in strawberries. All of the farms produce is grown in multi-tiered styrofoam planters, each of which holds about 20-30 plants. The farm heavily advertises the "no bending, no kneeling" benefits of this style of planting.

Last night I made a strawberry cobbler with a ginger-cornmeal biscuit topping. Very simple. Comment if you want the recipe.

I still have about half a pound of strawberries left. I'm not sure what will become of them. Keep an eye on kitchen monkey for a possible picture of the cobbler. My camera was in use elsewhere.

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger s'kat said...

I always make this at least twice a year, when there are fresh strawberries to be had: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/getrecipe.zsp?id=65225

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger s'kat said...

Duh. I just realized that I neglected to ask for the recipe. Pretty please?

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curious - what were your impressions of the farm? You don't mention much about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home