Saturday, November 20, 2004

Swine on you crazy diamond

Oh, the Plant City Pig Jam...

I'm really at a loss for words. Still climbing out of the pork induced stupor I guess. All told I think I put away a brisket sandwich--really just a half pound of beef atop a hamburger bun--a few ribs, a baked sweet potato the size of my shoe, various other bites of pulled pork, pork butt, and several glasses of sweet iced tea.

The fair wasn't really too big in size. The thing that impressed me was that, aside from the obligatory bouncy castle and funnel cake stand, there really wasn't anything else besides people selling bbq. I think that says something for the seriousness of the people that participate in this sort of thing. Serious cue...


We didn't stick around for the judging, but from what one of the ladies serving up the sweet tea told us, to be a bbq judge one has to be certified by the KCBS--Kansas City BBQ Society--in an eight day course. Hopefully the winners will be publicized somewhere.

All in all, going out there was a great idea. I'm beginning to feel normal again. My clothes still smell like oak and hickory, I still feel a vague sort of high, and I'm pretty sure I'll forgo dinner.

Here are a few more pictures:


Do you really want blood from these event-goers? You might want to skim that first.


Like I said...


Powerful 'cue.

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger League of Night and Fog said...

That is one particular feast that Ted wishes he could have to at!

Speak with the Artificially Intelligent Teddy Bear Oracle

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, what a way to round out the biggest eating holiday of the Western year! A BBQ competition. Only a food junkie would love it, so I wish I could have been there.

Partimechef

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that will drive you some extra traffic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home