Sunday, November 14, 2004

Road-side bbq

On the way to the red barn yesterday, I noticed a guy selling Texas-style bbq on 41. Not really ready for bbq that early in the a.m., I decided to pass. Thats not to say I wasn't ready for the plate of chicken tostadas I took down at the barn, but that's beside the point. I went back to the bbq later on that day, saddened to find that there was no brisket left. What I did come home with was a rack of babybacks and a tub of pulled pork. Big John, the Texan behind this place, also informed me that next weekend is Pig Jam, a state-wide bbq competiton in Plant City. Yeah competitive bbq.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Kitchen Monkey said...

We should absolutely, definitely go to Pig Jam.

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please post pictures of the porker party platters

 

Post a Comment

<< Home