Friday, January 28, 2005

Snail mail

Yesterday, I received my first issue of The Snail, the newsletter of Slow Food USA. It took it long enough to get here, but I guess that figures, right? It doesn't seem nearly as polished as Slow, the organization's quarterly journal, which is available in half a dozen different languages. In fact, it looks more like a college literary mag--all black and white and staple bound. Somehow I find this reassuring; to me it sort of alludes to the grass-rootsiness of the organization. I don't know, maybe they just have a friend that works at Kinko's. At any rate, there looks to be some interseting stuff in there--an article about hand-crafted root beer, in particular. I'll write more when I get around to reading the rest of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home