Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Not Cooking Here



The lemongrass stalks that I used for tea the other day have sprouted quite nicely. I think I'll put them in some dirt tomorrow afternoon. I'm a little concerned that there might be some other, less-intentional sproutings going on in the kitchen sink area though.

That being said, we went to The Castle for dinner tonight. No, not the club in Tampa. The Castle is a small German restaurant in the plaza next to Target on 41. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you step inside it's quite easy to forget that there's a parking lot just ten feet away. The small dining room is lit with soft glowing chandelier-style lighting fixtures and the entire room is outfitted with wooden trim. Both the beer list and the dinner menu were quite lengthy. I finally settled on bigos, a sort of hash made from sauerkraut, beef, sausage and mushrooms, served with roasted potatoes. Renee had pierogies, which, despite my usual indifference towards them, were quite good. Patrick and Fallon had kielbasa and stuffed cabbage, respectively. A little pricey, this place, but, since I wound up taking another meal's worth of food home, I didn't really mind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home