Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Thigh Meat

Last night's meal was one of Mark Bittman's chicken thigh recipes from this week's NY Times. I havn't made any recipes from the Times' dining section in a while, but, seeing as I now have a full-sized oven, I decided to bake some chicken. Not that I wasn't baking chicken before, mind you. The Delonghi convection oven turned out its share of fine roasted birds. It's been on my fecal roster ever since it shocked me last week though.

The big oven has proven quite useful already. It--along with my goodwill cast iron skillet--produced a very pretty cherry clafoutis. I'll be sure to post pictures of the next one.

At any rate, the chicken thighs were brushed with dijon mustard and then dredged in a mixture of bread crumbs, minced garlic, italian parsley, sage, salt and pepper. They baked for about 40 minutes at 400, until the breadcrumbs turned a nice woody color. The chicken was served with some very thin asparagus spears. I tossed them with olive oil and kosher salt and broiled them until their skin blistered slightly and my cheap walmart sheet pan buckled.

I had intended to take a picture of the completed meal, but by the time I remembered, there was only one thigh and three asparagus spears left. No matter how small a plate you put that on, it isn't really a bountiful image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home