Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Plums




These plums from Good Earth aren't the most flavorful I've had, but they sure looked pretty. I guess that counts for something. The red plums have been pretty good lately, actually ripe when I get them from the store. I was eating a pluot the other day, and it occured to me that, while it did taste good, it didn't really taste natural. I guess there's a good reason for that. I've always liked the pluots, or "dinosaur egg plums," but it sort of occured to me that it didn't really taste like any sort of real fruit. Oh well.

I was under the impression that dinosaur egg plums were the same as elephant heart plums, but this article on slowfood.com says otherwise. Thank you slow food. As you may have noticed, there is now a link for Slow Food to your right.

I've seen a few other varieties of plums in the store lately. They've had names like "fruit punch" or "flavor explosion" or something like that. I tried the fruit punch a while ago. It just tasted like a red plum. Just some marketing I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home