Monday, October 03, 2005

I know, I know...

It's been over a month and a half since I've posted. That's behind us now.

Some sort of recap is in order, however. I'll have you know that I haven't been totally idle. I'm writing daily for Slashfood, and still doing my weekly "Quick Bites" column at The Herald, where I've also started doing dining reviews such as this and this.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One of my recent columns was about blue crabs, like the one you see here. Actually, truth be told, that claw wasn't connected to a crab when the picture was taken. It must have come loose in transport. I took advantage of that and snapped lots of photos, as that was the only one of nearly 20 huge, sapphire-colored claws that wasn't trying to bite me.

In my blogging absence, I've also been home to Key West a few times.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We grilled some sardines from the Waterfront Market.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I hit up 5 Brothers more than a few times for a midnite and a buchito.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And I also spent a few evenings at the family gin mill.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There was also the Telluride Blues and Brews Festival in September. Telluride has a great farmer's market, which is where I found this tigger melon.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Randi said...

I love key west. I grew up in Lauderdale and I have fond memories of the keys.

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Nice post. I liked your photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home