Thursday, August 19, 2004

Very Inphomative

Of course, the egullet people were quick to jump on my question about pho meatballs, which, I learned, are made in the kitchen and not in the cow. The texture apparently comes from the inclusion of things like tendon and various starches. The most recent and informative response to my egullet post came from a woman named Andrea, who hosts a website on Vietnamese cooking. I look forward to trying some of the recipes on there, as they'll give me a way to use up some more of the lemongrass in the garden.

2 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger crash happy said...

LOL, oh god. I just had some excellent meatball pho recently and while eating we came up with the most heinous theories of where they came from. Something about them shooting out of cows like a semi-automatic, then field workers collecting them. Well, okay, super caffinated vietnamese coffee makes me say crazy stuff.

Tasty pho, tho.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Danny W said...

Grreat share

 

Post a Comment

<< Home